CHICKEN SOUP FOR YOU and YOUR DOG
Try to use all organic ingredients
- 1 Organic Chicken- whole or pre-cut in pieces
- 6 quarts filtered water
- 3 medium carrots- chopped
- 2 celery stalks- chopped
- ¼ cup shiitake mushrooms- chopped can use other mushrooms such as maitake, oyster, clamshell, trumpet
- 2 cloves garlic- YES GARLIC ! chopped
- 1 inch ginger- grated ( use more if you like ginger or if using for any nausea)
- 2 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon each – parsley, cilantro, oregano, thyme (fresh is best- but can substitute for 1 tsp dried herb)
- 1 tsp kosher salt or Dulse if making a low sodium version
- 2 -3 organic dandelion leaves (natural diuretic, detoxifier)
- Small handful chopped kale, collard, or mustard, beet greens, microgreens (for extra antioxidants, vitamin A, C, K)
- Put everything in the pot. Cover with filtered water
- When things start to boil, bring to a low heat
- Cover and simmer until the meat falls off the bone. Depending upon your cookware it could take 2-4 hours.
Soup is ready when the meat falls off the bone
Skim the top to remove the froth and discard
Separate the meat from the skin and bones- put the meat back into the pot.
Remove and discard any fat that forms
Discard the skin and bones
- Use the meat, veggies, herbs for a meal over the week with the added broth
- Strain the liquid into a container and store in the refrigerator to use over the week.
- Store portions of broth and meat /veggies in separate containers in the freezer for a quick broth /meal when needed
NEVER FEED COOKED BONES TO YOUR DOG OR CAT
ENJOY with the Whole Family!